Letv.com Says Chinese Internet Video Business Is HotJanuary 29, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Telecom & Wireless
In the face of massive competition from state-owned businesses, stalwarts like Youku Tudou, and mobile-only start-ups, Chinese Internet video website Letv.com says it's profits are bursting.
Letv.com published its unaudited annual performance pre-announcement for 2013, stating that the company expects to see net profit between CNY250 million and CNY270 million, a year-on-year increase of 30% to 40%.
Letv.com said during the entire year of 2013, the company's net profit attributable to shareholders reached between CNY252.452 million and CNY271.872 million. This marked an increase of 30% to 40% from the CNY194.194 million in the same period of the previous year.
The company pointed out the compared with 2012, the Chinese online video industry still maintained high-speed growth in 2013 and the scale of the industry continued to enlarge. Letv.com says it still achieved obvious synergy and the company's various main businesses realized stable growth.
In 2013, Letv.com's advertising business on video platforms increased by over 100% year-on-year. Meanwhile, the launch of its TV products had positive effect on the overall revenue of the company.
Leave A Comment:
- YY Launches Internet Education Initiative In China
- LTE War: China Unicom Gains New 3G Users While Others Flee China Telecom
- Kunlun.com Announces CNY1 Billion Mobile Game Publishing Plans
- Sina Weibo Started Making Profits In Late 2013
- 17u.cn Gains CNY500 Million Investment To Grow Chinese Internet Travel Business
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent