VMware Names New GM For China R&D CenterFebruary 25, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Computing, Software
Virtualization and cloud computing infrastructure provider VMware announced the appointment of Ren Daoyuan as general manager of the VMware China research and development center.
In this new role, Ren will lead a research and development team of over 500 people, who work in Beijing and Shanghai. Meanwhile, he will be responsible for the strategic planning and long-term development of the China research and development center, leading and managing the daily work of China research and development team, and the localized development of all global products.
Prior to this appointment, Ren was general manager for VMware's research and development center in Shanghai. With this appointment, Ren will replace Li Yanbing, who will be transferred to VMware's American headquarters to lead the company's global research and development team for storage and high availability products.
VMware China research and development center was founded in Beijing in 2007. The company's Shanghai research and development team was established in 2011.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country