Sohu.com Loses One Of China's Top Female Tech ExecutivesMarch 10, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet
Chinese Internet company Sohu announced just before the March 8 Women's Day holiday that the company's joint president and chief operating officer Wang Xin will depart due to personal reasons after serving the company for 15 years.
Joining Sohu in 1999, Wang is reportedly the core executive who has been with the company for the longest time, besides Chairman Charles Zhang. She led various departments, including marketing, sales, mobile, and content units, during her 15-year experience in Sohu. Under Wang's leadership, Sohu's advertising revenue continued to grow. In addition, she promoted the development of the company's mobile Internet business.
Sohu said in an open statement that Wang is a pioneer in the Chinese Internet marketing sector and she initiated many important Internet marketing concepts.
The statement revealed that after leaving Sohu, Wang will become a consultant for Sohu from April 1 to December 31, 2014. Her compensation during that period was not released.
Wang will reportedly probably start her own business in the future.
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers