Sohu.com Loses One Of China's Top Female Tech ExecutivesMarch 10, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet
Chinese Internet company Sohu announced just before the March 8 Women's Day holiday that the company's joint president and chief operating officer Wang Xin will depart due to personal reasons after serving the company for 15 years.
Joining Sohu in 1999, Wang is reportedly the core executive who has been with the company for the longest time, besides Chairman Charles Zhang. She led various departments, including marketing, sales, mobile, and content units, during her 15-year experience in Sohu. Under Wang's leadership, Sohu's advertising revenue continued to grow. In addition, she promoted the development of the company's mobile Internet business.
Sohu said in an open statement that Wang is a pioneer in the Chinese Internet marketing sector and she initiated many important Internet marketing concepts.
The statement revealed that after leaving Sohu, Wang will become a consultant for Sohu from April 1 to December 31, 2014. Her compensation during that period was not released.
Wang will reportedly probably start her own business in the future.
Leave A Comment:
- Yandex Teams With Chinese E-commerce For Cross-Border Payments
- Hc360.com To Acquire Zol.com.cn For CNY1.5 Billion
- Linekong Invests CNY23 Million In Chinese E-ticket Provider
- China's Cheetah Mobile Acquires MobPartner For USD58 Million
- China's Tuniu.com Acquires Two Travel Agencies For Taiwanese Market Expansion