ZTE's Joint Venture With The9 Unleashes Game BoxMarch 14, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics
ZTE The9, a joint venture founded by Chinese telecom device maker ZTE and online game company The9, will reportedly launch its first family entertainment box named Fun Box by the end of March 2014.
Fun Box features an Nvidia Tegra 4 processor, A15 structure, 72 unit Nvidia Geforce GPU, and capacity of 2GB DDR3L plus 8GB Flash memory.
With a cube-shaped design, Fun Box adds heat sinks and fans on both sides of the mainboard. In addition, this smart box will have Bluetooth remote control, simplified 14-key design, and Bluetooth game controller. This new product will be available in 12 different colors.
Apart from the gaming functions, users can also watch HD videos saved in the local disc or on the Internet with Fun Box. At present, ZTE The9 is discussing with Chinese and overseas game developers for game customization and the details are expected to be released soon.
Prior to this, Chinese telecom device maker Huawei also announced plans to launch a game console product with the unique name of Tron in China in the second quarter of 2014.
Consumer pricing for the ZTE The9 gaming console has not yet been revealed either.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China
- Cheetah Mobile Appoints Tencent's Li Zhaohui As Director
- Lenovo Reports First Quarterly Losses Over Past Six Years
- NetEase Invests USD25 Million In Finnish Gaming Start-up
- Chinese E-Commerce Eyes Stability During Year's Biggest Shopping Day
- China's ZTE Net Profit Up 42% In First Three Quarters Of 2015