Giant Sets Up Mobile Game Publishing CompanyMarch 18, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Telecom & Wireless
Chinese online game developer and operator Giant Interactive Group confirmed that they have established a mobile game publishing company.
Ji Xuefeng, president of Giant, has taken the president role of the new company; while Xu Bo is vice president of the company and responsible for the mobile game publishing business.
Xu has nearly ten years' experience in game operation and production. Before joining Giant, Xu was vice president of Shanghai-based mobile game company Morefun, leading marketing and operation businesses.
After the Chinese New Year, Giant announced its plans to go private. Taking this opportunity, Giant shifts its focus to the mobile Internet sector. Liu Wei, chief executive officer of Giant, previously called on the company to seize the mobile game growth opportunities in an internal email.
In addition to mobile game development, other Chinese game companies have started tapping the mobile game publishing sector. Chukong Technology, Linekong and Locojoy recently established mobile game publishing units.
Leave A Comment:
- China Unicom's Profit Climbs With Growing User Base And Lower Costs
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers
- JD.com Teams With China Post To Expand O2O To Small Chinese Towns
- China Mobile's ARPU Drops While Net Profit Sinks 9.7%
- Lenovo Creates Mobile Phone Development Subsidiary