Giant Teams With China Telecom Shanghai For Game Big DataApril 21, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Computing, Internet, Software
Chinese online game developer and operator Giant has inked a deal with China Telecom's Shanghai branch to jointly establish a game big data analysis center.
The two parties have reportedly already started technology and application cooperation based on smart game big data, and the related technologies will be first applied to Giant's new online game named Jianghu, which is expected to be launched in May 2014.
The big data center will share both parties' user data information, which will help research user behavior and habits in the gaming sector, so as to add value via data processing.
A representative from Giant said that big data application is the current hot spot for Internet enterprises and Giant started a cooperation with China Telecom Shanghai in this sector a long time ago. With ten years' online game operation experience, Giant has accumulated millions of registered users. With big data applications, the company will be able to learn user habits and behaviors while playing games, which can be reflected in their product designs to improve the gaming experience of users. The innovative application of big data in online games provides possibility for the generation replacement of online games.
As a leading telecom operator in China, China Telecom Shanghai started big data development a few years ago. On one hand, the company applied big data in its internal information system to improve operating efficiency and user experience; on the other hand, they opened data operation to provide information services to external enterprises and explore new income market. In 2014, China Telecom Shanghai also set up a cloud product expansion center and a cloud platform operating center.
Financial terms of the deal were not yet revealed.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country