Delicious Enters China With New Localized Social Media SiteApril 10, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
International information service website Delicious has announced its formal entry into the Chinese market with the launch of its localized site Mei.fm.
Formerly known as Del.icio.us, Delicious is a social bookmarking website for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The website was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 when it launched a social bookmarking mechanism and tag-based organization of information.
In 2005, Delicious was acquired by Yahoo and the website was then sold to YouTube co-founders Steve Chen and Chad Hurley in April 2011. Currently, Delicious is a major product of Avos Systems, a new Internet company led by Chen and Hurley.
The website will reportedly have improved software and system for designs, bookmarks, and management links.
Leave A Comment:
- China Unicom's Profit Climbs With Growing User Base And Lower Costs
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers
- JD.com Teams With China Post To Expand O2O To Small Chinese Towns
- China Mobile's ARPU Drops While Net Profit Sinks 9.7%
- Lenovo Creates Mobile Phone Development Subsidiary