Delicious Enters China With New Localized Social Media SiteApril 10, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
International information service website Delicious has announced its formal entry into the Chinese market with the launch of its localized site Mei.fm.
Formerly known as Del.icio.us, Delicious is a social bookmarking website for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The website was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 when it launched a social bookmarking mechanism and tag-based organization of information.
In 2005, Delicious was acquired by Yahoo and the website was then sold to YouTube co-founders Steve Chen and Chad Hurley in April 2011. Currently, Delicious is a major product of Avos Systems, a new Internet company led by Chen and Hurley.
The website will reportedly have improved software and system for designs, bookmarks, and management links.
Leave A Comment:
- TCL Acquires Sanyo's TV Plant In Mexico For HKD120 Million
- China's Shanda To Sell 41% Of Ku6 Stake
- JD.com Signs Chinese Retail Store Deals For O2O Development
- Xiaomi Builds Upon "Close" Tech Relationship With Kingsoft In China
- JD.com, Coolpad Sign CNY10 Billion Contract For Made-in-China Smartphones