Delicious Enters China With New Localized Social Media SiteApril 10, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
International information service website Delicious has announced its formal entry into the Chinese market with the launch of its localized site Mei.fm.
Formerly known as Del.icio.us, Delicious is a social bookmarking website for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The website was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 when it launched a social bookmarking mechanism and tag-based organization of information.
In 2005, Delicious was acquired by Yahoo and the website was then sold to YouTube co-founders Steve Chen and Chad Hurley in April 2011. Currently, Delicious is a major product of Avos Systems, a new Internet company led by Chen and Hurley.
The website will reportedly have improved software and system for designs, bookmarks, and management links.
Leave A Comment:
- China's Qihoo 360 Establishes Enterprise Security Group
- Huawei Aims At 60% Growth In Storage Business This Year
- Shanghai Lantern Network Acquires New Domain For International Expansion
- Qihoo 360 Accused Of Falsifying Anti-Virus Data In China
- Kingdee Reaches Global AWS Deal With Amazon's China Business