Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search ServiceDecember 28, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Law & Policy, Software
Chinese Internet company Xunlei announced that its search service Gougou.com will soon terminate operations.
The website's notice stated Gougou.com will be shut down soon, at an indeterminate time. It also expressed its thanks to users and apologized for the inconvenience. However, the notice on the website was recently changed, stating that to coordinate with their relevant business partners, some functions of the website are temporarily unavailable.
The officials of the website did not disclose the reason for the service closures; but copyright problems are rumored to be the cause.
At present, some web pages of Gougou.com are unable to open. Early in April 2011, rumors swirled that Gougou.com's search service would be closed for a short time to solve some copyright problems. In November 2012, the website suspended services for another system adjustment.
Gougou.com is the resource search tool owned by Xunlei. It provides search services of entertainment content such as movies and TV series, music, games, videos, and software.
Leave A Comment:
- TCL Acquires Sanyo's TV Plant In Mexico For HKD120 Million
- China's Shanda To Sell 41% Of Ku6 Stake
- JD.com Signs Chinese Retail Store Deals For O2O Development
- Xiaomi Builds Upon "Close" Tech Relationship With Kingsoft In China
- JD.com, Coolpad Sign CNY10 Billion Contract For Made-in-China Smartphones