Baidu Launches Official Antivirus Software With KasperskyJune 21, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Security, Software
After two months of public testing, Baidu's antivirus software now is available for download as an official edition via Shadu.baidu.com.
On April 18, 2013, Baidu Antivirus launched its Beta 1 edition for public testing. After about two months of testing, the official edition of the antivirus software is now available.
The new product, named Baidu Antivirus, is jointly launched by he search engine Baidu and Kaspersky. Kaspersky offers its professional antivirus engine, while Baidu provides cloud computing support. Baidu Antivirus can provide triple protection: active defense, real-time monitoring, and autonomous virus killing. In addition, it features promises of being permanently free and no worries of abusing user privacy. With this new product, Baidu aims to enhance its deployment of products in the Chinese software security sector.
The official edition adds new functions such as support of 64-bit operating systems. In addition, Baidu Antivirus makes a "three nos" promise: no frequent harassment of popups; no threat to users in the name of security; and no theft of user privacy.
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers