Microsoft's WP Gains New Chinese PartnersFebruary 28, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
Microsoft announced at the Mobile World Congress 2014 held in Barcelona that several companies, including Lenovo, LG, Huawei, and ZTE, have become new partners for its Windows Phone platform.
Though some manufacturers already launched smartphones using the Windows Phone operating system, this platform was not their focus. But with the new cooperation, more Windows Phone products will be available in the market.
Microsoft's other Windows Phone partners announced this time include Karbonn, Lava, JSR, and Longcheer. The company also said that HTC, Nokia, and Samsung will still be its partners on the Windows Phone platform.
In addition, Microsoft provided some details about its Windows Phone 8.1 version. This version is expected to be released in spring of 2014. It will support low-end phones while better supporting non-touch devices. The new version will support Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 and 400 chipsets, as well as double SIM cards.
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers