Xiaomi Adopts New Domain Name For Online RebrandingApril 28, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Telecom & Wireless
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has launched its new domain name Mi.com, and users will be re-directed to this domain when visiting the old one at Xiaomi.com.
According to domain record information, the current holder of Mi.com is Xiaomi and the information updated date is April 21, 2014. Xiaomi reportedly spent over USD1 million on this new domain; however, the company did not confirm this rumor.
Meanwhile, Lei Jun, chairman of Xiaomi boasted on his Weibo blog that this Mi.com domain is extremely expensive and it is probably the most expensive domain name in the Chinese Internet history.
Xiaomi's new domain is more in line with its logo and English name, which is considered a measure to promotion the company's internationalization.
Leave A Comment:
- China Unicom's Profit Climbs With Growing User Base And Lower Costs
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers
- JD.com Teams With China Post To Expand O2O To Small Chinese Towns
- China Mobile's ARPU Drops While Net Profit Sinks 9.7%
- Lenovo Creates Mobile Phone Development Subsidiary