Business

SemiLEDs' New LED Chip Plant Unveiled In Foshan

With a total investment of USD350 million, U.S.-based SemiLEDs Corporation's new LED chip project named Xurui Optoelectronics has recently laid its foundation in Nanhai in Foshan, Guangdong province.

Li Jinmin, chairman of China Solid State Lighting Alliance, told local media that foreign-invested LED plants in China are generally packaging plants and Xurui Optoelectronics is reportedly the first upstream LED chip manufacturing plant invested by a foreign company in the country.

This new LED chip project will cover an area of 100 mu with total investments of over USD350 million. The project will be divided into three phases and the first will cost about CNY600 million.

The plant is owned by seven shareholders, with SemiLEDs Corporation holding 49% stake while the other six companies, including Diguang Electronics and Nationstar Optoelectronics, holding the remaining 51% stake.

SemiLEDs is a U.S.-based manufacturer of ultra-high bright LED chips with fabrication facilities in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. SemiLEDs specializes in the development and manufacturing of vertical LED chips using a patented copper alloy base.

2 Comments

  1. I am the marketing Director for Cape Suppliers Ltd based in Nairobi Kenya. We would be interested in becoming your distributor for Kenya and East Africa.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend