Youku Tudou Signs VOD Agreement With FremantleMediaOctober 10, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Internet video group Youku Tudou has reportedly reached a multi-year content agreement with the British media company FremantleMedia.
FremantleMedia is the producer and distributor of many popular TV shows, including The X Factor USA and America's Got Talent.
According to FremantleMedia, some 202 hours of programming will be available on Youku Tudou's VOD channels. Those contents cover the recently launched Total Black Out USA along with several FremantleMedia's global hit series such as The X Factor USA season three, America's Got Talent season eight, Project Runway season 11, Celebrity Apprentice season six and American Idol season 13.
Ganesh Rajaram, FremantleMedia's executive vice president for Asia, said Youku is a fantastic outlet for their programming in China, allowing some of their best-known shows to reach millions of new viewers. Their brands have repeatedly demonstrated their mass appeal around the world so it's fitting and exciting that they can now reach such a thriving new market.
Financial terms and revenue splits for the deal were not released by the companies.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China