Great Wall Computer, one of China's leading personal computer manufacturers, has withdrawn from the Great Wall International Company joint-venture between itself and IBM (IBM).

By removing itself from the company, Great Wall is returning its 20% stake back to IBM, which holds the other 80%. Chinese media are reporting that this move comes as a result of IBM's sale of its personal computer division to Lenovo (LNVGY.PK), one of Great Wall's main Chinese competitors.

The price of the transaction has not yet been disclosed.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here