Google China Market Share Lower Than 30% In Q2 2009July 29, 2009 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Chinese market research firm Analysys International has published its latest report on China's search engine market, and the company states that the Chinese search engine company Baidu.com held 61.6% share of the market in the second quarter of 2009, followed by Google China with a share of 29.1%.
According to the report, Baidu.com's market share saw an increase compared with its 59% market share in the first quarter of 2009. Google China's market share decreased to less than 30% again after its share in the Chinese market was over 30% for the first time in the first quarter of 2009. However, it still achieved a year-on-year increase of 64.5%.
For other search engines, Yahoo China gained market share of 5.6%; Sogou.com, the search engine product of Sohu.com, gained market share of 0.7%; Zhongsou.com gained market share of 0.6%; Soso.com, the search engine product of Tencent, gained market share of 0.6%; and NetEase.com gained market share of 0.4%.
The strategies of major search engine operators show that mobile search and mobile Internet have become their new focuses. In addition, because search engines have been recognized as important entrances for e-commerce, especially for the Internet retail sector, these search engine companies have enhanced their penetration into this sector.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country