The Beijing Fengtai District People's Court has ordered Skyworth to pay more than CNY410,000 to a man surnamed Jiang whose wife died last month as a result of a fire caused by a faulty Skyworth television.

Jiang's son who had fallen asleep in the sitting room was awoken in the early morning hours of November 27 when he found smoke rising from the television set. Jiang and his wife both attempted to extinguish the fire, but his wife was overcome by the fumes and later died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Although the fire fighting department has still not confirmed what caused the fire, the court determined that the only source of the fire was the television set.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here